[Rx2021] APhA-ASP Charity Miles National Initiative for the ADA

Mannino, Suzanne M smm198 at pitt.edu
Mon Nov 13 14:50:44 EST 2017

Hi everyone,

APhA-ASP is launching a nationwide campaign next week utilizing the app "Charity Miles"! The goal of the campaign is to raise awareness for our patients living with diabetes and raise money for the American Diabetes Association (ADA)! We hope to unite student pharmacists, family, and friends in this amazing cause! The official event will take place from November 14 - November 21. November 14th is the official launch day and also World Diabetes Day! As a chapter, we will be hosting a school-wide competition to see who logs the most miles on the Charity Miles app between November 14 - Novemeber 21, and the winner will receive a prize! Here are the directions for participating (really simple!):

·  Download the app "Charity Miles" and create an account
·  When creating an account, choose "American Diabetes Association” as your charity of choice
·  Next, join the team "APhA-Academy of Student Pharmacists". This is how our team will track and donate money
·  In order to donate, participants must be logged into the app when walking, running, or biking
·  Each mile biked = 10 cents donated
·  Each mile ran/walked = 25 cents donated
·  All proceeds will be donated to the American Diabetes Association (ADA)

This is a great way for our chapter to get involved in a National initiative and to make a meaningful and easy contribution to the ADA!

Let me know if you have any questions, and get ready to log your miles starting on Wednesday!

Sincerely,

Sarah Hunt
Student Pharmacist, Class of 2019
APhA-ASP Chapter President