[Rx2021] Final Weekly Report for the Semester

Kashkoush, Mohamed Adam mokashkoush at pitt.edu
Fri Dec 8 23:18:09 EST 2017

Hi Class of 2021,

I think everyone gets the gist of next week and doesn't want more information than needed so I'll skip the whole Excel/Google Sheets and just give you the need-to-know breakdown. For more information, please check courseweb for each exam.

Monday, December 11: PDA Final

  *   Scaife 6
  *   12pm - 3pm
  *   Equation sheet and calculator (no internet access) allowed
  *   Will focus on Dr. Poloyac's material, but will include material from the whole semester.
  *   Dr. Poloyac had a recent death in the family, will have limited access to his email, and may not be at the exam. If you have any questions over the weekend, please email BOTH Dr. P and Lingjue Li at lil87 at pitt.edu. Please consider him and his family during this difficult time.

Tuesday, December 12: A&P Final and Dr. Corey Assignment Due

  *   Assignment due by 4:00 pm (turn into Mrs. Mannino, front desk in Student Services 9th floor Salk.)
  *   Exam in Scaife 6 from 1pm - 4:30pm
  *   Only Dr. Minnigh's content will be tested directly.

Wednesday, December 13: PPC Final

  *   402 Salk
  *   12pm-2pm
  *   Online exam taken on courseweb.
  *   Will focus on Top Drugs 41-60, but will include material from the entire semester.

Thursday, December 14: Biochem Final

  *   Scaife 6
  *   1pm-3pm
  *   Will only be tested on material after Exam 3.

Friday, December 15: Extra Credit Surveys Due

  *   Community Health course evaluation (courseweb, 5 extra points)
  *   Case Conference course evaluation (courseweb under 'Session 5'). They are looking to make changes to Case Conference so your feedback may actually improve the course moving forward!

Two pieces of advice:

  *   Study with friends! If you can focus together, you'll motivate eachother, learn more productively and comprehensively, and reduce stress.
  *   Most importantly - remember the big picture, remember why you are here. You are not studying to pass the exam, you are studying for the day when your patients will be dependent on you for their health and well-being. If you can remember this, studying will not feel like studying. It will feel like something you actually want to be doing!

I've had the pleasure of getting to know almost all of you this semester, and I am fully confident that you will all do well on your finals. If you don't feel the same way, I'd be happy to study with anyone or connect you to students who are masters in these subjects and can help explain some of the more difficult concepts. Please don't hesitate to reach out.

I would say good luck, but you won't need it.

Best wishes,

Mo Kashkoush, B.S.
PharmD Student | Class of 2021
Email: mokashkoush at pitt.edu