[Rx2021] PPC1 (Fri 10am Session) - Optional Prereading

Patel, Ravi Mahendra RaviPatel at pitt.edu
Tue Dec 5 14:45:16 EST 2017

Dear Class of  2021,

We have a session schedules for this Friday at 10am. In planning out this time, I wanted to make it relevant, engaging, and educational. It was fun to sit in your Ignite presentations and based on those, I adjusted a few of my activities/objectives for our time together on Friday.

I wanted to pass along an optional pre-reading assignment. This article from the University Times outlines the challenges and opportunities in pharmacy, in 1982. The print article is reconstructed at the following Link<https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1L8vkHrweWmzoGwKzxia5qxX_PT18XC2TfhabqFLcR-8/edit#slide=id.g2a2bc1b7ef_0_81> (Google Slides Presentation) at should take only 5-7 minutes to read. I hope it provides an starting point to ask "How do challenges in pharmacy compare/contrast to the past, present, future, and other fields"? We'll build on these questions during our session on Friday

If you have any questions/comments, please don't hesitate to reach me. Looking forward to seeing everyone soon.

Sincerely,

Ravi Patel, PharmD
School of Pharmacy
University of Pittsburgh